• The Catholic Mass – great video for explaining the depth and beauty behind the mass.
• 20 sec video for Holy Thursday
• Making All Things New
Good Friday Theme: Love for Christ/ His love for us/Passion
• Lyrics to the Matt Maher song: "You were on the cross". Play the song with just the lyrics and let the missionaries fill in the “movie” with their own life. Powerful experience to help them realize that God is always there.
• This is scenes from the Passion of the Christ put to music “You were on the cross.” If you aren’t planning on showing the whole movie, this might be a good “summary” thing you can show. It has many of the strongest scenes.
• "How Could You Say No"
• "The Reason" - with The Passion pictures
• "Whatever It Takes"
• "Everything I Do I do it For You"
• 20 sec video for Good Friday
Holy Saturday Theme: Our Lady
• Grace, by Tenth Avenue North
• The Pieta (20sec) - Holy Saturday video
Below you will find resources (videos, discussions points, gospel reflections and much more) that will help you run a dynamic, fun and meaningful meeting.
MISSION YOUTH CLUB RESOURCES
RELATE TO OTHERS SERIES
1. Trust • How to present it: Start with video
Everything, by lighthouse passed out sheets with questions for them to fill out and think before we discuss. Discuss and conclude.
• Ice breakers: an obstacle course will be set up around the room and everyone has a partner. One is blindfolded and the other leads them through the obstacle course to the end and the blind folded person has to trust they are giving them the right directions.
2. Decisions • How to present it: Pass around a bag of varieties of candy and have them “decide” which one they want to choose. Discuss how that was a simple decision and that life is full of decisions (harder than that one) and help them to see the ways to make decisions (ex: 1. Think before you act 2. Take it to prayer 3….)
• Ice Breakers: Truth, truth and a lie
3. Teamwork • How to present it: Show video of the Bullfighters. Talk about friendships and how it is important to make the right friends who will lead you in the right directions.
• Ice breakers: comic strip chaos/ hog call / human taco
4. Convictions • How to present it: Start off meeting by asking “what is a conviction”, then explain with examples. After ask them some their convictions, explain things that can weaken our convictions and then what can strengthen our convictions. End it with encouraging them to make convictions before college and such.
• Ice breakers: Important item/ beach ball
5. Goals/dreams • How to present it: Clips of “Peruse of Happiness”, “Men of Honor” and “The Express”, years of hard work and sacrifices to obtain their goal.
•Ice Breakers: Mumble jumble
6. Love • How to present it: Languages of love. Take time to discuss the 5 love languages and explain each. Compare and contrast the difference between worldly love and true love. Teach them about true love and how the world pulls us away from purity.
• Ice breakers: Make a date
7. Purity • How to present it: You can start off class with many different video clips from movies or off of you tube about purity. There are many great clips out there that promote purity in movies that are popular to the girls (Negative “17 Again” scene of teacher educating en Safe Sex and Positive “Walk to remember”) After showing that you can go in many different directions such as purity in dress (a good book for this is called “Sexy Girls, How hot is too hot”) or purity in thought or relationships, all depending on the age group and situation of each.
• Ice breakers: Have them paint in a blank piece of paper, try to erase it…you never will.
8. Prayer/ love for our Catholic Faith • How to present it: The commercial of “Catholics Come Home” and Clips of movie “Letter to God” is very good for rekindling your love for the Catholic faith, and also to help you realize how short our life on this earth is and how we have to spend it wisely (depending on which commercial you show- both are recommended) then discuss this topic and how prayer can lead us on that right path in our lives.
Video 1. Catholics come home 1
• Ice Breakers: Have the missionaries write a Letter to God.
9. Courage • How to present it: Show the video of Miss California defending her views and values on marriage in the pageant, causing her to lose the crown.
• Ice breakers: Human scavenger hunt
10. A Father’s love • How to present it: Numa video “Lump” can be shown to relate the love of our earthly fathers to the love of our Heavenly Father. It is about 10 minutes long so you can have a discussion afterwards. Video of Iron Man show the love of our earthly father and you can discuss after the relation to our heavenly father. Discuss afterwards the love of our heavenly Father.
• Ice breakers: Catch me if you can
11. Honesty •How to present: Honesty is more than just not lying; it is about being who you are and not being afraid to let others see you that way. Clips of movie “Can’t buy me love” or “Princess Protection Program”
• Ice breakers: who am I…famous person
12.Gratitude • How to present it: Start off with having the missionaries write down individually things that they “can’t live without.” Then show the video of 99 Balloons or any other video that relates. Then talk about how we have to be grateful for every single thing we have been given. We never know when it will be taken from us. Teach them how to set their priorities straight and realize the gifts they have been given that they take for granted. This discussion can go anywhere after watching the video so overall make sure they leave realizing how important it is to be grateful for EVERYTHING in life!
• Ice breakers: Lollipop
13. What if I Give It All • How to present it: Start with video about giving it all What is I give it all and discuss with the group you can print out questions before hand to have them fill out to make discussion easier
• Ice breakers: Decorate your own cookie or Ice Cream Sunday and give it to the person next to you.
Life’s obstacles and finding peace in God Video: God is a river ____________________________________________
God's love for a Soul Video & Song: More ____________________________________________
Conversion Video & Song: Alive Again ____________________________________________
Falling more in love with God… (“Hanging by a Moment”)
Faith and trust in God (“What Faith Can Do”)
God’s love for a soul (“By Your Side”)
God’s plans and his ways are not ours (“Al Final”)
God’s love for a soul! “More” (video too…)
Having Jesus as the reason of our life (“The Reason”)